Started in the academic year 2014/2015. The minimum number of credits for the degree is 120 (2 years). Course only start with 10 or more confirmed entries as definite by the Executive Council of the FCT NOVA.
- The Civil Engineering Building Rehabilitation must be able to:
- Understand the necessary materials to professional and research activities in the field of Civil Engineering;
- Analyze and solve multidisciplinary problems in rehabilitation of buildings;
- Conceive economic and sustainable solutions reflecting proper ethical and social conditions;
- To promote the analysis, the synthesis and the design of civil engineering projects associated with maintenance and buildings rehabilitation;
- Fostering critical, scientific and innovative spirit.
- The Master of Civil Engineering to: investigate, diagnose, design, design, manage, plan, rehabilitate and conserve works of civil engineering.
- In most European countries the construction sector as slowdown in a dramatic way and is the rehabilitation sector which remains in increased activity.
- The course combines a solid background as a basis for accurate and updated approach of specialty materials, as well as additional training in several other fields, providing necessary tools for successful integration into the labor market.
Portuguese students: 1063,47 €/year
Foreign students: 7000 €/year (60% reduction for CPLP students)
1st phase: 1st may to 14th july
2nd phase: 26th to 31st august 2019
Acceptance rate in masters
Accepted applicants will have to pay (within a maximum of 7 consecutive days from the date of placement) a non-refundable rate of 100 euros, which will be deducted, after registration, from the total tuition fee. Any payment made after the deadline will not be refunded, leaving the candidate excluded.
Entrance requirements for the 2019/2020 academic year
Vacancies for 2019/2020:
- Pre-Bologna Bachelors and graduates in Civil Engineering;
- Holders of a foreign academic degree in required areas conferred following the 1st cycle of studies according to the Bologna Process;
- Holders of a foreign academic degree in required areas recognized as meeting the objectives of the Bachelor´s degree, in the same area, by the Scientific Council of the FCT NOVA in the Civil Engineering area;
- Holders of a curriculum that is recognized as attesting the capacity to accomplish referred cycle of studies by the Scientific Council of the FCT NOVA under a DEC proposal.
- Course classification;
- Academic and scientific curriculum;
- Professional curriculum;
- Possible interview.
Professor Paulina Faria
Registration and Accreditation
Registration number R/A-Cr 49/2014 on 23/04/2014
Prior accreditation on 24/02/2014,
for 6 years
About the Department of Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering (DEC) was established in 1996. Today it offers a Master in Civil Engineering (5 years), two 2nd cycle Masters (2 years), in Structures and Geotechnics and in Building Rehabilitation, a PhD program in Civil Engineering (4 years) and training and graduate courses in the field of Sustainable Construction and Buildings' Thermal Performance.
There are currently more than 600 students enrolled in Civil Engineering at the Universidade Nova de Lisboa and the DEC’s faculty totals 35 teachers, 32 of whom with PhDs. More info