Applications are open to select an Invited Assistant Professor, full-time and exclusivity, to develop activities within the Department of Conservation and Restoration (DCR) at NOVA University of Lisbon-Faculty of Sciences and Technology (FCT NOVA), according to the Portuguese law (ECDU - Rules for University Professorship Career).
The applicants should hold a Doctoral degree in Conservation and Restoration, Conservation Science, expertise (i) in Conservation and Restoration of Photographic Heritage or (ii) in development and application of analytical methodologies, such as Raman spectroscopy.
DCR invites candidates to send a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae as well, until the 20th of February, 2019.
- Publications in Conservation and Restoration, with citation in Web of Science or equivalent;
- Practical skills to use scientific equipment already existing in DCR, such as micro-FTIR, micro-Raman, XRF;
- Capacity to start long-term scientific collaborations in Conservation Science and Restoration, including Portuguese and international groups (for example in the field of conservation and restoration of photography);
- Scientific knowledge to teach courses within the curricular domain of conservation and restoration of Photography. Or ability to carry out this or other specializations that may be required for teaching in the DCR.
Candidates should address the following documents to DCR President, FCT NOVA, Campus Caparica, 2829-516 Caparica, Portugal, preferably by electronic mail – email@example.com:
a. Curriculum Vitae in detail, including list of publications;
b. Copy of the 5 most relevant publications;
c. Motivation letter referring a brief description of current research activities, research perspectives and teaching experience, explaining the reasons to apply to this position.
d. Indication of two recommendations.
Members of the Jury appointed to carry out the evaluation process:
- Doctor Maria João Melo, Full Professor, NOVA University of Lisbon-Faculty of Sciences and Technology;
- Doctor Ana Ramos, Associate Professor, NOVA University of Lisbon-Faculty of Sciences and Technology;
- Doctor João Carlos Lima, Associate Professor, NOVA University of Lisbon-Faculty of Sciences and Technology;
- Substitute: Doctor Leslie Carlyle, Associate Professor, NOVA University of Lisbon-Faculty of Sciences and Technology.
For further information please contact DCR Secretary: Phone +351 212 948 322 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOVA University of Lisbon-Faculty of Sciences and Technology
Maria João Melo