UNINOVA – Instituto de Desenvolvimento de Novas Tecnologias, opens an international call to hire an Internship Researcher, in the form of an Unfixed-Term Contract, under the Research Project entitled Smart4Health - Citizen-centred EU-EHR exchange for personalized health (SC1-2018-826117), funded by European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and under the scientific coordination of Prof. Doutor Ricardo Gonçalves.
Admission Requirements/Profile of Candidate:
Applicants may be any Portuguese national, foreign and stateless candidates that hold the following requirements:
- MsC in Electrical Engineering, Biomedics, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Background/knowledge of system integration/interoperability.
- Experience in developing and implementing IT solutions (e.g. services, apps, etc.).
- Knowledge of communication protocols and technologies such as JSON, HTTPS, Bluetooth LE, NFC and Pub/Sub messaging.
- Fluency in English (writing and speaking) is mandatory.
- Good communication capabilities and willingness to integrate an international and multidisciplinary team.
- Availability to travel.
- Portuguese Labor Code, approved by Law nº 7/2009, from 12th February in its current version.
- Regulatory Decree nº 11-A / 2017, of 29th December.
- Administrative Procedure Code, as published in Decree-Law nº 4/2015, from 7th January in its current version (CPA).
Start Date and Workplace:
The full-time employment contract is expected to start in January 2019 and will last only for the necessary execution period of the work plan previously described, which is estimated to have a predicted duration of 50 (fifty) months, until 28-02-2023, including an initial experimental trial period of 90 (ninety) days.
The work will be developed at UNINOVA and/or other necessary locations to its execution.
Gross monthly Remuneration is 1 636,83 €, correspondent to research career level 100 of the “Tabela de Vencimentos para 2018” applied to public administration.
The deadline for submitting applications is set at 20 working days after the publication of this call and the application documents (indicated below) should be sent, in PDF format, to the following e-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org , indicating the Reference of the position (mandatory):
a) Motivation Letter in English;
b) Detailed CV in English;
c) MsC Certificate;
NOTE: The non-compliance with these requirements determines the immediate rejection of application.
The admitted applications will be evaluated taking into account the quality of the curriculum of each candidate and its adequacy to the proposed work plan.
First phase: Curriculum Analysis (75%) and Motivation Letter (25%):
− The Curriculum will be analysed qualitatively, and in what concerns to its content and relevance for the tasks to be performed, namely: executed work, with special emphasis on areas related to the work plan (15%); and experience and relevant knowledge in the techniques indicated in the candidate profile (60%).
− The Motivation Letter will be evaluated qualitatively regarding the motivation and interest for the activities to be performed (10%); and the fluency of the English language (15%).
Second stage: All candidates that demonstrate adequacy for the function will be called for a face-to-face interview with the project coordination team.
After evaluation of all admitted applications, the project coordination team shall reach a final decision.
All candidates will be notified by email.
Final Decision Deadline:
Selected candidate has 10 working days to respond. After this period the next best candidate will be selected.
Quinta da Torre, 12 of December of 2018.