Started in the academic year 2006/2007. The minimum number of credits for the degree is 120 (2 years). Course only starts with 10 or more confirmed entries as definite by the Executive Council of the FCT NOVA.
Master course in Technology and Food Safety aim to prepare professionals to act in the fields of:
- Quality of the food value of raw and processed products;
- Production processes on food industries;
- Control of food quality and safety in agro-food industries;
- Development of new products and/or improvement of current ones;
- Management systems for food quality and safety/ standardization;
- Certification of products and systems for production and processing of products and raw food;
- Sustainability of agro and food industries/food chain development;
- Research, development and consulting services in food technology, quality and safety.
Masters in Technology and Food Safety will be able to work at the level of production, quality control and food safety in agricultural and food industries as well as to develop new products and/or improve existing ones. They can also perform research and development tasks as well as providing consulting services in technology and/or Food Safety.
Compressed - one and a half per week (Thursday half-day, Friday full day and Saturday morning) and/or after work hours depending on the number of students enrolled.
Portuguese students: 1063,47 €/year
Foreign students: 7000 €/year 60% reduction for CPLP (Community of Portuese Language Countries) students
1st phase: 23rd April to 16th July 2018
2nd phase: 27th to 31st august 2018
3rd phase: 7th january to 7th february 2019
Entrance requirements for the 2018/2019 academic year
Vacancies for 2018/2019:
- Holders of a Bachelor's degree (1 cycle of the Bologna Process) in any area of Engineering, Natural Sciences and Exact Sciences, or equivalent, with a minimum of 180 ECTS;
- Holder of a Bachelor's degree (pre-Bologna) or equivalent, in any field of Engineering, Natural Sciences and Exact Sciences or related areas;
- Holders of a foreign academic degree in required areas conferred following the 1st cycle of studies according to the Bologna Process;
- Holders of a foreign academic degree in required areas recognized as meeting the objectives of the Bachelor´s degree, in the same areas, by the Scientific Council of the Master in Technology and Food Safety;
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum that is recognized as attesting the capacity to accomplish referred cycle of studies by the Scientific Council of the Master in Technology and Food Safety.
- Classification of previous degrees;
- Academic and scientific curriculum;
- Professional curriculum;
- Possible interview.
Professor Ana Luísa Fernando
Registration and Accreditation
Registration number R/A-Ef 3115/2011 on 18/03/2011
Accreditation on 22/07/2015,
for 6 years
About the Department of Science and Technology of Biomass
DCTB is the youngest department of FCT that was created in February-2011 by the FCT Direction Decision number 06/2011.
DCTB resulted from the evolution of the former GDEH in the researching and teaching areas of Sciences and Technology of Biomass for two specific aims:
- Bioenergy (production of energy from biomass)
- Food Technology and Safety